Friday, July 30, 2010

Pink Princess Nursery

I wanted my daughter to have a princess-themed nursery that wasn't too "cartooney." It had to be elegant and modern, incorporating chic design elements and decorative princess-style details. It had to whisper "princess"...not scream it with images of Cinderella. It had to be a beautiful space that both she and I would love to be in. The end result is a nursery swathed in pink with hints of green and undeniably feminine charm...LOVE it!.

The paint is Disney Color by BEHR and can be purchased at Home Depot. I used three fabulous shades of pink. I painted the chair rail "Tink Pink", the upper half of the wall is painted, "Fairest of Them All", and the lower half of the wall is painted "Pretty In Pink". Green hues were incorporated with ribbon, floral bouquets and canvas storage bins.

My husband and I made the name art with wooden letters we purchased from Michael's. We painted them "Tink Pink" to match the chair rail. The board they are mounted on is from Home Depot, and we painted it "Pretty In Pink". The frame is leftover chair rail that we painted a glossy white to match the crown moulding.

The "pièce de résistance" is the crystal chandelier. It is my favorite element and it really makes the room feel royal. This one was purchased at Babies R Us, but I recently found one for a very reasonable price at IKEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment