Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Perfect One-Piece Bathingsuit

This season, one-piece bathing suits are back in a big way and, as a new mom, I couldn't be happier about it. I have to admit that I despise shopping for swimwear, but over the past month I've been on a quest for "the perfect one-piece bathing suit". In order to avoid the stores, I spent a small fortune ordering one-piece bathing suits on the Internet so that I could try them on at my leisure in the comfort of my own home.

Here are some of my faves...
Miraclesuit swimwear claims to instantly slim you by 10 pounds, and it delivers. You can buy them at Macy's, Nordstroms's and Dillard's, as well as many other online retailers. They have some very flattering styles to choose from, but they are also very expensive, so buying one is somewhat of an investment.

Spanx, the maker some of the most popular slenderizing undergarments, has recently come out with a line of swimwear promising skinny results. Their one-piece bathing suits are totally chic and appealing to a younger generation.

Jantzen has come out with a retro-inspired line of swimwear called the Heritage Collection. These bathing suits are remakes of classic Jantzen swimwear from the 40's through the 70's. My favorite is a Vamp-Style Maillot, designed after swimwear from the 1950's...an era that knew how to flatter a women's figure.

After trying on all of these luxury one-piece bathing suits from top-rated department stores, I was shocked to find that my hands-down favorite was a red retro-style one-piece from Wal-Mart! This stylish suit has an inner panel that flattens the tummy, and the rouched design hides any lumps and bumps. It also has the same retro-inspired look of the vamp-style swimwear from Jantzen. I can't say enough good things about this bathing suit, and at only $30, it's practically a steal!

No comments:

Post a Comment